House Fire Under Investigation
Nichole Hannahs

Business Damaged in Fire

by Nichole Hannahs on January 11, 2017 at 12:34 pm

The Zanesville Fire Department said a fire on Greenwood Avenue caused damage to a local business.

Zanesville Fire Chief Eric Waltemire said the fire broke out at a laundromat on Greenwood Avenue around 2 Wednesday morning.

Chief Waltemire said towels that were left unattended in the dryer became balled up and got too hot, catching fire.

Chief Waltemire said the fire burned through the ceiling and into the attic area.

While the building’s not a total loss they estimate damage to be around $100,000.

The fire took twenty minutes to contain. Washington Township assisted at the scene.