It’s going to be a yearlong Bi-Centennial celebration this spring for an area city that has recently been listed on the National Historic Site Register. This includes a ten-block area of 77 buildings erected between 1859 and 1958 that the Newark Alliance has been promoting for some time. The new downtown district includes a former bank building designed by Louis Sullivan and the Licking County Courthouse, which is also on the register. Sullivan is regarded as one of the greatest American architects and was active in the early 20th century. City officials are hoping this will bring a lot more business to downtown Newark.