In the wake of a death yesterday of a Cambridge man, the Zanesville Fire Department wants to remind everyone that smoke detectors save lives. Already this year, three deaths have occurred due to misuse of smoke detectors, including not installing the battery. To cope with this problem, the city has a program where anyone and everyone who wants a smoke detector can have one, free of charge. This program is a reminder that you can die from smoke inhalation, not just from the fire itself. The fire station in downtown Zanesville has an adequate supply of smoke detectors. If you would like one, don't hesitate...it could save a life.