Fire officials have confirmed the death of an area man after he was trapped in a house that caught fire on Fourth Street in Newark, early this morning. According to fire investigator Tim Smith, 18 year old Nicholas Winegardner didn't make it out of the burning home despite firefighters efforts. Another victim, 20 year old Tiffany Halsey, was taken to Licking Memorial Hospital and is currently being treated for injuries as well as smoke inhalation. Her condition is currently unavailable. A third roommate, Scott Yonker was not home at the time of the blaze. The fire was reported around 12:45 this morning, as it quickly spread to another home next door. Other departments in the area assisted in fighting the fire while most of Newark's force was on the scene since the houses were almost directly behind one of the city's fire stations. Smith says the fire appears to have started accidently and could be related to a natural gas heater that was installed three weeks ago.