Fire Department Issues Warnings About Alternate Heating Sources

POSTED BY: George Hiotis
Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 06:29 AM
1 / 1

The Zanesville Fire department is issuing a warning to people who use alternate heating sources during the cold winter weather. It could turn into a serious problem. Assistant fire chief Dave Lacy says his department sees 12 to 20 fires each year that originate with a heating source like a fireplace or a kerosene heater. Lacy says those items must be maintained correctly if used. Lacy also discourages people from using their kitchen ovens as a heating source. Lacy says if you have a gas range and use it for heat it can cause a fire or give off carbon monoxide.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: