Explosion in Crooksville Basement

POSTED BY: Kelly Mills
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 06:41 PM
Explosion in Crooksville

An explosion Tuesday afternoon in Crooksville severely damages a home.

Fire crews were called to 2029 Tatmans Road around 4 o'clock.

"Upon arrival we did have smoke showing coming out of the house. Upon arrival we found out there was an explosion out of the basement," says Ralph Hill, asst. Crooksville Fire Chief.

Hill says the explosion is believed to be caused by propane used for heat.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says 66-year-old Barbara Miller and her daughter Kimberly Thompson, along with Kimberly's two teen daughters Jessica and Tabitha were living in the home. The Red Cross will assist the family with money to go shopping for food. They will be staying with friends and relatives.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: