Smoke at Zanesville Goodwill

POSTED BY: Emily Baird
Monday, March 15, 2010 - 05:26 PM
1 / 2

Smoke Inside


Goodwill Industries International Incorporated in Zanesville is functioning normally after quite a scare this afternoon.

The Zanesville Fire Department says it received a report of smoke inside the building around 1:30 p.m. but when crews arrived, they say they didn't see a fire.

"We got here and found it was an overheated light, a fluorescent light. There was no fire, no damage, and no injuries, " says Assistant Fire Chief, Bruce Burley.

Customers and staff did evacuate the building for about 15 minutes before getting the clear to go back inside.

Burley says an electrician will need to be called in to fix the light.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: