- Highway 103
- Contact Us
While they may seem harmless, the fireworks that you pick up at your local convenience store could cause some damage.
While the Zanesville Fire Department discourages using fireworks all together, many children like playing with sparklers and fire crackers around the fourth. Fire Chief Dave Lacy says that kids need supervision.
"We also recommend that if you do use them, that you keep a bucket of water nearby and once the thing has been ignited and done its thing, that you soak it in the bucket of water because these things are going to remain hot for a long period of time," says Chief Dave Lacy of the Zanesville Fire Department.
Fireworks can be unpredictable, which is why Chief Lacy says a lot of times injuries go along with the use of fireworks.
"These things sometimes misfire and then we end up with eye injuries and burn injuries," says Chief Lacy.
This weekend there will be plenty of opportunities to see professional fireworks which chief lacy encourages.