- Highway 103
- Contact Us
Firefighters were called to a fire Wednesday night in Wayne Township. The fire broke out at 1611 Lawhead Lane around 7:30 p.m.
Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander says that the owner of the home was grilling just outside the garage, and went inside for a minute. When she came out, the detached garage had caught on fire. Chief Alexander says the structure was fully-engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene. He says they put the flames out within minutes.The siding to the rear of the home was melted as a result of the close proximity of the flames. Wayne Township received mutual aid from the South Zanesville Fire Department.