- Highway 103
- Contact Us
The Zanesville Fire Department is investigating an early morning fire.
The call came in around 3:25 at 332 Brighton Boulevard. Chief Dave Lacy says the fire department stayed on the scene for two and a half hours until the fire was cleared around 6 AM. The blaze started in a second floor bedroom.
"It originated around some electricity. Right at this point in time, we are just ruling this as an accidental fire and probable cause of electrical short circuit," said Lacy.
Lacy says no one was inside the home during the fire and resident, Shonda Gaines, did not discover the fire until returning home. By that time, it was too late.
"They estimated the damage at about 30,000 dollars. There was a significant amount of damage mainly contained to the upstairs bedroom but there was some heavy smoke damage and some water damage and heat throughout the entire dwelling," said Lacy.
The Muskingum Valley Red Cross was called in to help Gaines who will not be able to live in her home due to the significant amount of damage.