The Zanesville Fire Department is investigating a Monday morning fire. It happened around 3:30 at 332 Brighton Boulevard. Chief Dave Lacy says the blaze started in a second floor bedroom and did major damage. He says it appears the cause was some type of electrical problem. The home suffered around 30.000 dollars in damage. Chief Lacy say the occupant is identified as Shonda Gaines. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross was called in to help Gaines who will not be able to live in the home due to the fire damage. No one was home at the time of the blaze.