The Muskingum County Commissioners received an update on the status of this year's Community Development Block Grant funding Monday afternoon.
The grant, given at the state level allows townships and villages to apply for funding for small projects like road resurfacing, landscaping, and building renovations. The commissioners prioritized the list of projects Monday.
"I will send out notifications to those to let them know where they ranked in our list. We'll be doing the application for the state of Ohio which is due in mid July and the allocations are yet to be released," said Sheila Samson, Community Development Director.
With tough cuts at the state level, funding for the grant will likely be drastically cut, which the commissioners estimate to be between 180 and 200,000 dollars.
"There's 11 total activities. But we're not allowed to apply for more than six activities so I will go ahead and start on the first six," said Samson.
Here is a complete list of projects in order of priority with 1 being top and 6 being the least priority:
1. Village of Frazeysburg- Road Resurfacing; Basin, State, Nora, 5th & 6th Streets
2. Monroe Township- NRG Match
3. Village of Dresden- Resurface various roads
4. Village of South Zanesville- Resurface E. King Street
5. Meigs Township- Renovate Township Hall
6. Muskingum County Engineer's Office- Resurface Arch Hill Rd