One Treated For Smoke Inhalation After Fire

POSTED BY: Kim Tewalt
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - 05:40 PM

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out on Coopermill Road Wednesday afternoon.

It happened just after 4:30 p.m. on 1336 Coopermill Road. South Zanesville Fire Department Lieutenant, Robert Kirkbride, said it started in a bedroom after a cat knocked over an aquarium heat lamp. He says there was no structural damage to the home, but there was smoke damage. The blaze also ruined some carpeting in the bedroom, as well as some of the rooms contents.

Two people were home at the time of the fire, and one female was treated at the scene by Community Ambulance for smoke inhalation. Two adults and two children under the age of eight live at the home.

Lieutenant Kirkbride said they had the fire under control within minutes, and the home is not considered to be a total loss.

Newton Township Fire Department and Zanesville Fire Department also responded to the scene. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross was called to assist the family.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: