A vacant home caught fire on the north-end of Zanesville.
According to Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief Dave Huey it happened near the corner of Dresden Road and Sunkel Avenue. Crews received a call at about 4:30 Thursday afternoon from a witness who reported seeing smoke coming from the front corner of the house.
Huey said it appears the home was being remodeled and he believes the fire started in the kitchen by the dishwasher.
He said it's unknown at the time who owns the house. Neighbors reported seeing the owner at the home only a few short hours before.
Huey estimates the damage to be mainly cosmetic due to smoke damage.