- Highway 103
- Contact Us
A fire leaves a home shared by a couple for over 40 years nothing but chared memories.
Eugene and Lois Folden are in their 80's and last night their daughter Melissa said she filled the wood burner in their home at 5580 Foxfire Drive and returned to her home next door. 15 minutes later her mother called to say the house was filled with smoke.
"About 15 minutes later the flames had shot up through the kitchen floor in the chimney wood burner area," explained Melissa Dixon.
Dixon's father is in home hospice care and had to be carrier out of the home by a friend and family member. Dixon said her parents were taken to the hospital, checked for smoke inhalation and kept for observation.
"It was horribly scarey. Thick black smoke billowing out. It was hard to breathe. The stench was terrible and just watching it melt in front of your eyes was something I don't want to experience again," said a tearful Dixon.
Dixon said they were able to salvage many of the couple's possessions and when they return from the hospital will live with her. One cat was lost in the fire, two others are missing. The couple's dog also survived.