- Highway 103
- Contact Us
The Zanesville Fire Department was called to the north end of town just after 11:30 Wednesday morning to deal with a natural gas leak.
Assistant Fire Chief Eric Waltemire says a construction crew putting in drain lines hit and severed a two-inch unmarked gas line on Colony Hill Drive. Waltemire says it happened at 11:40 a.m and it took crews until around 12:20 p.m. to get the gas shut off.
The Muskingum County Emergency Management Agency was alerted to the leak and they were able to use the county’s new Everbridge System and call the Colony Hill Condo residents who were advised to shelter-in-place until the leak could be fixed.
Waltemire says repairs have been made and everything is back to normal.