House Fire at 401 Hedgewood Ave.

POSTED BY: Miriah Turner
Saturday, April 5, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Zanesville Fire department responded to a fire at 401 Hedgewood Ave. earlier Saturday evening, around 4PM.

Amanda Morgan and her family had recently moved into the two story rental home. Assistant Chief Dave Huey said from the looks of the home, the family was still getting settled.

"Apparently they had a candle going in the room up there where the fire was that had got knocked down or the containment on the candle failed. It was one or the other. We don't actually know for sure on that since no one was in the room when it burst up " said Assistant Chief Huey.

Amanda, her husband, and four children, as well as a dog were home at the time of the fire. All were able to escape safely.

"The smoke detector apparently went off and sounded that something was going on," said Assistant Chief Huey. "The one upstairs bedroom where the fire originated is pretty much totaled inside. The rest of the upstairs has pretty significant smoke damage but not fire damage."

Assistant Fire Chief Huey estimates the damages at $20,000- $25,000.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: