Philo House Fire

POSTED BY: Katie Donovan
Friday, August 8, 2014 - 04:37 PM

A fire this afternoon in Philo injured an area man.

It happened at 210 3rd street just before 2:00PM. A neighbor who witnessed the fire said they saw smoke coming out of the home's kitchen window. Harrison Township Assisstant Fire Chief Terry Moore says the fire started in the bathroom of the home, when a curling iron was left on and it caught some clothes on fire. No one was home at the time of the blaze, but a man who entered the structure to make sure no one was inside, suffered smoke inhalation. He was transported to the hospital by Community Ambulance. Wayne Township Fire Department assisted at the scene. The fire was contained in 5 minutes.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: