It's perhaps the final green light on Maurice Clarett's long journey.
A federal judge ruled Wednesday against suspending her decision that college underclassman are eligible for the NFL draft.
After U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin made the announcement, Maurice Clarett's lawyer, Alan Milstein, said the Buckeyes sophomore would declare for the NFL draft.
The NFL asked for a stay Tuesday to Scheindlin's decision last week. That ruling declared NFL draft rules violated antitrust laws because they restricted certain players from entering the league draft based on age.
Sheindlin said Wednesday that the NFL, its players, and college athletes would not suffer irreparable harm by underclassman turning pro.
The NFL is still appealing the judge's ruling, but the league wanted the stay in fear that an appeals court wouldn't rule in the case before April's draft.
Milstein said Clarett intended to turn pro but couldn't announce his intentions in fear of losing his college eligibility.