The Falls Township Fire Department is a winner winner thanks to chicken dinners.
The department hosted their 49th annual Father's Day Chicken Dinner fundraiser Sunday. Dinners including half a chicken, applesauce, coleslaw, chips, drink, and roll were available at all three Falls Township Departments. It's an event that fireman Jacob Waltemire says has been well received by the community.
"They've really enjoyed it and said the chicken's been good. They enjoy coming out here...
They're hosting their 50th Annual Father's Day barbecue this Sunday and they're hoping you bring your family to celebrate the holiday with them.
"Dinner starts at 11 O'clock. Dinners are $7 a piece. Meals include half a chicken, applesauce, coleslaw, a bag of Conn's chips and a snowflake dinner roll from Nickel's," said Lt. Tyler Huber of the Falls Twp. Fire Department.
Huber says the fire department usually raises between $2,000-3,000 each Father's Day. This year, they...
A mobile home is a total loss following an early morning fire.
National Trails Assistant Chief Steve Dupler said that the structure was fully involved when crews arrived around 3:30 Wednesday morning.
"It looks like it started in the middle somewhere of the mobile home," explained Dupler. "There was some question whether on the initial dispatch whether anyone was inside or not, so we did our best to determine that."
Larry Waltz's Ohio Pottery store has been reduced to a charred pile of ash and steel.
"I got a phone call at about ten minutes until 9 that the pottery was on fire," Waltz said. "I was at home, so Jamara and I rushed over here and it was in full flames, we opened the door; smoke and flamed were shooting out, and from there, of course, it's a total loss."
The cause of a Saturday afternoon house fire is being blamed on electrical wiring.
Falls Township Fire Chief JD Johnson said the fire started in the basement of the 510 Military Road home shortly after 4:30pm. The fire then extended to the master bedroom where he said a number of Christmas gifts may have been destroyed.
Johnson estimates the damage to be between $25,000 to $30,000.
The family was home at the time but no injuries occurred.
Area firefighters are thinking pink and supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The Falls Township Fire Department is selling t-shirts to raise money for the Cancer Coalition. Firefighters will trade in their button-down shirts for custom breast cancer t-shirts, and medics will perform examinations wearing pink gloves. Captain Andy Keck said the fire department is trying to help local breast cancer patients.
"Through the fire department, we're out there each...