Stories tagged with: Fire

September 14, 2015 - 12:36pm
32 weeks 6 days ago

An early morning apartment fire leaves two families displaced Monday.

Fire crews responded to a structure fire at 1201 Pershing Rd. in Zanesville just before 7 a.m. Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief, Doug Hobson, said the families living in the complex were able to escape the blaze with no injuries. The extent of the damage is unknown, but Hobson said the upstairs apartment is a total loss.

"When crews arrived on scene, the upstairs bedroom portion of the house was fully...

August 26, 2015 - 8:08pm
35 weeks 4 days ago

A Coshocton woman is charged in connection with a fire last Wednesday.

The Coshocton County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Amber D. Edwards of Coshocton has been formally charged with Aggravated Arson, a first degree felony. 

The charge was in relation to the August 19th fire in the 800 block of South 2nd Street. Additional charges may be considered after review by the Coshocton County Prosecutor Jason Given. 

The incident remains under investigation by...

July 29, 2015 - 9:24pm
39 weeks 4 days ago

A fire in Mount Perry is leaving one family displaced tonight.

Mike Bailey with the Hopewell Township Fire Department said the fire at 6971 Cimarron Road is thought to have begun in the kitchen. The owners said they were cooking before leaving the home,and when they returned they noticed the blinds were melted. Upon entry, fire fighters discovered that smoke and fire damage affected the entire one story home.

No one was home at the time of the incident. Bailey said that because...

June 24, 2015 - 11:11am
44 weeks 5 days ago

While working in his basement, a Zanesville man answered his phone.

When he turned back to his work, he said not 30 seconds later, he found flames coming from his wall. 

Dave Coulson said he accidently started the fire when a torch he was working with hit insulation on his wall. He said he immediately called 911 and doused the fire with a bucket of water. 

It started around 9:00 a.m. Wednesday in Coulson's home at 490 S. Samuel Dr. 

The Falls Township...

June 17, 2015 - 11:43pm
45 weeks 4 days ago

Fire crews responded to a house fire at 1235 Putnam Avenue in Zanesville Wednesday night.

The call for the blaze came in just before 10 p.m.   According to Fire Chief Eric Waltemire, the home has been vacant since the weekend. The fire started in the basement and spread upward from there.

It took crews about twenty minutes to control the blaze. The extent of the damage is unknown at this time, and the fire remains under investigation.

The Zanesville Fire Department,...

March 30, 2015 - 7:19am
1 year 4 weeks ago

Top stories for Monday, March 30, 2015:

Road Closure

The westbound on and off ramps from Interstate 70 at State Route 93 will be closed for three weeks starting April 6th for construction. During the construction, westbound exit traffic will be detoured at State Route 797 to US 22/40 West to State Route 93. Traffic using the westbound entrance will be detoured to US 22/40 East to State Route 797 to westbound I-70.

Apply to Fish at Castalia Fish...

March 26, 2015 - 11:40pm
1 year 5 weeks ago

Area firefighters responded to a fire at Muskingum University in New Concord at approximately 7:40 p.m. Thursday.

The cause of the fire, located along the southern wall of a dining area inside Thomas Hall, is still unknown at this time. New Concord, Perry Township and Cassell Station fire departments all responded to the scene to put out the blaze. The dining hall had been closed to students since earlier in the evening and was empty except for a few staff members who remained in the...

March 14, 2015 - 5:28pm
1 year 7 weeks ago

 At around 6:25am this morning the Zanseville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 229 Van Buren street.

The call was made by a fire fighter who was on his way to work. When crews arrived on scene the front half of the one and a half story structure was engulfed in flames. The flames were extending into the roof, according to Chief Eric Waltemire it took around 30 minutes to get the fire under control. The owner of the home was not inside at the time as they had left for...

February 16, 2015 - 4:18pm
1 year 10 weeks ago

Area fire fighters battled the cold and a house fire Monday in Duncan Falls.

It happened at the intersection of Main and Millers Lane. Three people inside were rescued by off-duty firemen. Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander told us how they discovered the blaze.

"Our assistant chief Steve Harris was driving down the road and saw the smoke and retired fireman Bill Hatfield was right behind him and they stopped. The fire was all upstairs in the attic coming out the front...

January 15, 2015 - 9:37pm
1 year 15 weeks ago

At 7:08 p.m. a fire was reported at 1755 Kemper Ct., at Precision Fabricating And Stamping Inc. 

Zanesville and Wayne Township Fire Departments responded to the call. 

According the Wayne Township Fire Department Assistant Chief, Sam Smith, a trash can caught on fire in the building. The fire took about five minutes to contain and there was no structural damage to the building.

The business owners were alerted about the fire via smoke detectors and have been...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio