Stories tagged with: Fire

March 27, 2010 - 5:57pm
5 years 46 weeks ago

A Zanesville family is homeless after a morning fire.

It happened at 152 Beulah Avenue around 11 a.m.

The Zanesville Fire Department says the blaze appears to have started in the kitchen and caused major damage to the home.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is providing aide to the seven people living at the residence. They will be staying with family and friends. It says the homeowners, Timothy and Donna Dusenberry, do not have insurance.

March 27, 2010 - 5:50pm
5 years 46 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department is investigating what it's calling a suspicious fire at 1449 Crown Street.

It received the initial call around 5:15 p.m.

"We responded to a vacant house reportedly on fire. They had some damage to it. It had a room on the second floor on fire up there, " says Deputy Fire Chief Craig Stemm.

It's not known how the fire started yet, but it did cause some minor damage to the residence.

"No structural damage, but there was some...

March 23, 2010 - 5:25pm
5 years 46 weeks ago

The memories of what happened last week are still fresh in the minds of one Zanesville family.

Michael and Annie Duling lost their 1025 Ohio Street home to a fire. They have received some aide from the Muskingum Valley Red Cross, their landlord, and their church and are staying at a local inn with their six kids, including a special needs child.

"It's important for us to be together because this is our family. It's really hard that this happened, but we want to stay together...

March 22, 2010 - 8:59pm
5 years 47 weeks ago

The Newton Township Fire Department was called to the scene of a fire at 2873 Pinkerton Lane around 8:30 Monday evening.

Fire Chief Allen Deaver says the building contains three apartments and the damage was contained to one. Deaver says no one was home at the time of the fire and it appears to be accidental.

The fire damage was contained to a bedroom where the fire originated and there is smoke damage throughout the rest of the apartment. Investigators are estimating the...

March 22, 2010 - 4:55pm
5 years 47 weeks ago

A fire destroys a Zanesville family's home this morning.

It happened around 10:15 a.m. at 163 Pine Street.

It may have been a cloudy start to the morning, but you could seem smoke billowing from the Pine Street home from a few miles away.

"We actually saw a lot of smoke when we turned onto Main Street from the downtown station, " says Zanesville Fire Chief Dave Lacy.

The Zanesville Fire Department arrived on the scene to find flames spewing from the rear and...

March 22, 2010 - 9:36am
5 years 47 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department is investigating a house fire near Pine and Lorain Streets.

The fire broke out just before 10:30 a.m. at 163 Pine Street. Intial reports indicate smoke could be seen as far as the 6th Street Bridge.

Four adults and three small children were home at the time of the fire and Pine Street remains closed to traffic.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross identifies the people living in the home as 45-year-old Lisa Hadley, 22-year-old Ashley Hadley, 21-year...

March 19, 2010 - 11:20am
5 years 47 weeks ago

Zanesville Fire Officials say a pan left on a stove is to blame for a house fire on Ohio Street Friday.

Fire Chief Dave Lacy says the fire happened just before 11:30 a.m. 

Lacy says it took crews about 15 minutes to put the fire out.

He says the two adults and six children living in the home were not there when the fire broke out.

Chief Lacy says the Muskingum Valley Red Cross is assisting the family.

He estimates the damage amount to be around $...

March 16, 2010 - 3:54pm
5 years 48 weeks ago

The Newark Fire Department says a fire that occurred at an apartment complex last night is accidental.

It happened around 11 p.m. on Weiant Avenue.

Captain Greg Keefe says the fire started when the occupant, Hailey Tribble, left cooking utensils in her oven, which caught fire.

When crews arrived, they found fire coming from the door of the apartment.

Keefe says the blaze caused about 20 thousand dollars in damages and the apartment is no longer liveable. He says the...

March 9, 2010 - 8:56pm
5 years 48 weeks ago

A vacant home is damaged after a fire Tuesday evening.

It happened around 8:10 p.m. at 119 Pierce Street.

Assistant Fire Chief Bruce Burley says the source of the fire is unknown at this time.

According to scanner traffic, a white male was seen walking from the scene of the fire. Lt. Tony Coury of the Zanesville Police Department says they are looking for the man, but aren't sure if he is connected with the fire.

We'll bring you more information as it becomes...

March 9, 2010 - 5:22pm
5 years 48 weeks ago

The State Fire Marshal's Office says an early Sunday morning fire in Crooksville is being deemed arson.

Spokeman Shane Cartmill says there were no utilities to the structure on 572 Washington Street. It was unoccupied, and Cartmill says it hadn't been repaired in years.

This is the second fire this home has experienced. Cartmill says the one before Sunday's occurred back in August of 2009, but he says he doesn't have any details on that blaze.

The cause of the fire has been...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: