Stories tagged with: Fire

January 31, 2010 - 6:00pm
5 years 30 weeks ago

Five fire departments responded to a fire this afternoon in Thornville that destroyed a home.

It happened at 7335 Township Road 87. No one was injured in the blaze, but two adults and three children under the age of six reside in the home.

The State Fire Marshal's Office has been called to investigate, but at this time they do not believe it was arson.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is assisting the family.

We'll bring you more details as they become available.

January 29, 2010 - 7:35pm
5 years 30 weeks ago


A Frazeysburg home is a total loss after a fire Friday morning.  It took firefighters from three area departments to battle the blaze.

Crews were called to the scene at 10480 O'Dell Road around 11:20 a.m. Firefighters say upon arrival the second floor was fully engulfed in flames.

Daniel Brown, the owner of the home, says a wood burner on the back porch of the home started the fire.

"Started to try and put it out, but I saw it was...

January 29, 2010 - 3:52pm
5 years 30 weeks ago

 A Muskingum County family is homeless after a fire. It happened today (Friday) at 10480 Odell Road in Frazeysburg. Daniel and Nancy Brown lived in the home which is now considered a total loss. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is helping the family with funds to go shopping for clothing and food. The Brown’s will be staying with friends and relatives. Initial reports indicate the fire started in a wood burning stove.

January 10, 2010 - 8:09pm
5 years 33 weeks ago

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is assisting a family of four in Perry County, whose home was damaged by fire.

It happened yesterday at 8601 Prospect Street in New Straitsville.

John Dillon, Rochell Delong, and their two children-ages nine and six-were able to make it out of the home safely, but the fire caused smoke damage throughout the home.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.

This is the fourth fire since the start of the new year that the Red...

January 10, 2010 - 8:01pm
5 years 33 weeks ago

A family is left homeless on this cold winter night after a fire destroyed their home.

It happened around 4 p.m. at 335 Jordan Avenue in Zanesville.

"When we arrived, we did find a fire coming from the front room through one window. It was starting to roll out of the window onto the front porch. We made entry, knocked the fire down fairly quickly, and conducted a primary search, " says Zanesville Fire Department Captain Kevin Thomas.

The home is considered a total...

January 6, 2010 - 10:56pm
5 years 33 weeks ago

Fire breaks out in a Junction City trailer home around 9:30 Wednesday night. It happened at 105 East Front Street. Early reports say one person who was in the home and was able to make it out.

Both Junction City and New Lexington Fire Departments are on the scene.

 

January 6, 2010 - 7:01pm
5 years 33 weeks ago

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says it knows the cause of a New Year's fire.

The Zanesville Fire Department was called to 913 Goddard Road to handle a camper that had caught fire.

Executive Director, Dan Hartman, says an individual staying at the home had put a blanket on a supplemental heating source.

"This is the time of year a lot of folks are using supplemental heat. The problem is getting flammable materials way too close to it. That's what happened on Goddard,...

January 2, 2010 - 5:42pm
5 years 34 weeks ago


A cabin in Dresden is a complete loss after a fire Saturday afternoon.

Dresden Fire Chief, Carl Archer, says the occupants of the cabin left around noon and left a wood burner on. Around 2:00 pm a passerby called in a fire at 9260 Dresden Road. Chief Archer says when the fire crews arrived the wood cabin was fully engulfed in flames. No one was injured in the fire. It did not spread to any of the surrounding structures. The fire is currently under investigation.

January 1, 2010 - 11:39pm
5 years 34 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department is looking into what caused a camper to catch fire.

It happened around 8:30 p.m. at 913 Goddard Avenue.

"when we arrived, we found the camper was actually, it had been converted to a living structure. It was empty at the time, but it was fully engulfed in fire, " says Assistant Fire Chief, Kevin Thomas.

Thomas says crews had a big concern when they got to the scene.

"It was only about 12 inches away from the house. So, we...

December 31, 2009 - 11:12pm
5 years 34 weeks ago

The Newark Fire Department is trying to determine what started an afternoon fire that killed three animals.

It responded to a fire at 58 Stanberry Street around 1:30 p.m.

Captain Nick Simmons says when crews arrived on the scene there was heavy smoke coming from the house.

He says no one was home at the time of the fire but two cats and one dog were lost in the blaze. The home also suffered significant damage.

Simmons says the cause of the fire remains under...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: