A Dresden home is a total loss after a fire Sunday afternoon.
Dresden and Frazeysburg fire departments were called to 15840 State Route 60 around 2:45 p.m. Upon arrival Dresden Fire Chief, Carl Archer, says flames were coming out of both sides of the attic. He says the fire started in the bathroom, but the cause is still being determined. A father and his two daughters live in the mobile home, but no one was home at the time of the fire. Archer says they had the fire under...
A Muskingum County family is homeless after a fire. It happened today (Friday) at 10480 Odell Road in Frazeysburg. Daniel and Nancy Brown lived in the home which is now considered a total loss. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is helping the family with funds to go shopping for clothing and food. The Brown’s will be staying with friends and relatives. Initial reports indicate the fire started in a wood burning stove.
A family is left homeless on this cold winter night after a fire destroyed their home.
It happened around 4 p.m. at 335 Jordan Avenue in Zanesville.
"When we arrived, we did find a fire coming from the front room through one window. It was starting to roll out of the window onto the front porch. We made entry, knocked the fire down fairly quickly, and conducted a primary search, " says Zanesville Fire Department Captain Kevin Thomas.
A cabin in Dresden is a complete loss after a fire Saturday afternoon.
Dresden Fire Chief, Carl Archer, says the occupants of the cabin left around noon and left a wood burner on. Around 2:00 pm a passerby called in a fire at 9260 Dresden Road. Chief Archer says when the fire crews arrived the wood cabin was fully engulfed in flames. No one was injured in the fire. It did not spread to any of the surrounding structures. The fire is currently under investigation.