A Washington Township mobile home was destroyed in a fire Monday evening.
The fire broke out around 7:15 p.m. at 113 Eastwood Drive. Firefighters from the Washington Township and Zanesville Fire Departments responded to the scene and worked quickly to prevent the fire from spreading to other nearby homes.
"It always is when you come to the trailer park. It can jump from one to the other," says Chief Gene Hanning, Washington Township Fire Department.
Larry Waltz's Ohio Pottery store has been reduced to a charred pile of ash and steel.
"I got a phone call at about ten minutes until 9 that the pottery was on fire," Waltz said. "I was at home, so Jamara and I rushed over here and it was in full flames, we opened the door; smoke and flamed were shooting out, and from there, of course, it's a total loss."
Three fire departments were called to fight a garage Thursday night in Muskingum County.
The fire broke out at 8 p.m. at 5670 Hoover Avenue in East Fultonham. A detached garage was fully engulfed when crews from South Zanesville, Newton Township and Roseville Fire Departments arrived at the scene.
The owner reported there were propane tanks in the building. Firefighters say several small explosions were heard, however they had not yet confirmed if it was from the tanks...