The Zanesville Fire Department was called to the scene of a gas leak Tuesday evening.
A home at 463 Hedgewood Avenue has filled with natural gas, and the occupants of the home as well as residences to the north and south were evacuated. The owners of the home across the street were instructed to remain inside. Lieutenant Doug Hobson of the Zanesville Fire Department says there was no way to tell if the house was close to exploding from the leak, but precautionary measures were taken....
***Update*** The scene is now clear and the police department has reopened Hedgewood Avenue -- no injuries were reported.***
The Zanesville Fire Department is dealing with a natural gas leak Tuesday evening. A home at 463 Hedgewood Avenue has filled with natural gas and the occupants of the home and two other residences have been evacuated as a precaution. The Muskingum County Emergency Management Agency and Columbia Gas have also been called to the scene of the leak The fire department...
Part of downtown Cambridge was shut down Thursday afternoon, after workers struck a natural gas line.
Cambridge Fire Chief Rick Long says it happened around noon on the North 500 block of Wheeling Avenue. As soon as crews arrived they immediately shut down the area. Columbia Gas was called in to make the necessary repairs.
"They're putting a new water line in, and they just happened to hit the gas line, and it pulled it out from the main line" says Fire Chief Rick Long...
A natural gas leak caused some major problems in Newark Thursday.
It happened around 10 a.m. near the BP Station at Mount Vernon Road and Deo Drive and forced evacuations in that area.
Newark Fire Chief Jack Stickradt says the problem occurred after a natural gas line was struck by construction workers realigning Deo Drive. He says one of the contractors drilled through a high pressure natural gas line , a rather large line around 8" in...
Warmer temperatures are causing icicles to melt and fall off homes, but that can cause even more problems for homeowners if they fall near a gas line.
"If one comes down and you hear any kind of hissing noise, blowing noise, or, of course, if you smell gas, make sure you open a window, get out of the house, go to a neighbor, directly call 911, and then call the gas company, " says Keely Warden of the Muskingum Valley Red Cross.
Philo residents who live near the Rockies Express Pipeline are back in their homes after a gas leak near Irish Ridge Road on Saturday, but some are still on edge.
Muskingum County Commissioner, Brian Hill, says that is completely understandable.
"I'm sure it made them nerous. It would make me as well. Again, I think the responders-as in any kind of accident-responded well and did their jobs. I guess that would help me feel somewhat settled, " says Hill.