Stories tagged with: Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department

May 19, 2015 - 4:26pm
20 weeks 6 days ago

A car slammed into a tree on Cannelville Road near Spring Road Tuesday afternoon.

The call for the crash came at approximately 2:43PM. Both lanes were closed for approximately 30 minutes and was opened back up to traffic shortly before 4PM. We spoke with Trooper T.E. Davis of the Ohio State Highway Patrol who explained what happened as the vehicle traveled southbound.


February 16, 2015 - 4:18pm
34 weeks 19 hours ago

Area fire fighters battled the cold and a house fire Monday in Duncan Falls.

It happened at the intersection of Main and Millers Lane. Three people inside were rescued by off-duty firemen. Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander told us how they discovered the blaze.

"Our assistant chief Steve Harris was driving down the road and saw the smoke and retired fireman Bill Hatfield was right behind him and they stopped. The fire was all upstairs in the attic coming out the front...

March 1, 2013 - 5:31am
2 years 32 weeks ago

An overnight fire in Muskingum County destroys a home. 

Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander said it happened just before 2:30 Friday morning at 8090 South River Road. 

The Chief says when his crews arrived on the scene part of a double-wide modular home was fully involved in flames.

 Alexander said the fire appears to have started as a result of some electrical wiring near a computer. 

The home is likely a total loss.  It is owned by...

June 17, 2011 - 6:44pm
4 years 16 weeks ago

One man had to be taken by helicopter after an ATV crash.

Around 2:30 pm on Friday, Muskingum County Sheriff's deputies responded to 5825 Cutler Lake road, where they found the male driver pinned under the four-wheeler. Deputies say the man hit a steep incline and lost control. His 50-year-old female passanger was ejected, but was not injured. She was treated and released at the scene, the man, however, had to be flown by medial helicopter to Grant Medical Center in Columbus. He is...

May 11, 2010 - 5:59pm
5 years 22 weeks ago

Emergency crews were called to an electrical fire Tuesday afternoon in Philo.

It happened at 458 Main Street around 4:45 p.m. Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joe Wilson says the fire started in a bedroom and caused smoke damage throughout the house.

The family was home at the time of the blaze and everyone made it out safely.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio