Stories tagged with: Home fire

December 9, 2014 - 4:03pm
33 weeks 2 days ago

A Muskingum County woman is alive thanks to her smoke detector and her pet cat.

 Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander says just before 5:30 Tuesday morning his crew was called to 3225 Wayne Ridge Road and found half of a home engulfed in flames.

Chief Alexander says the owner of the home – Debbie Woodrow – was sleeping when the fire broke out, but when her smoke detector went off it caused her cat to jump on her and she awoke to escape the flames.

...

September 30, 2009 - 8:47pm
5 years 43 weeks ago


The cold chill in the air can only mean one thing. Holiday season is right around the corner.


With the holiday season comes lots of cooking and careless cooking is the leading cause of fires in the United States.


"People attempt to do their cooking and sometimes they start things on the stove or in the oven and they leave for a couple hours and come back and if you're not there and something goes wrong that is when the problem comes in," says Chief...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: