Stories tagged with: House Fire

February 22, 2013 - 9:06am
2 years 18 weeks ago

A Gaysport home was destroyed early Friday morning after a fire.  Wayne Township Fire Chief Don Alexander says it happened around 3 a.m. at an abandoned home at 8765 East Street.  Chief Alexander says neighbors heard a loud pop and the home became fully engulfed in flames.  The older two-story home, which has been empty for a couple of months, is owned by Brant Bliss.  Chief Alexander says he has not yet determined the cause of the fire.  No injuries were reported....

February 1, 2013 - 12:16pm
2 years 21 weeks ago

A fire leaves a home shared by a couple for over 40 years nothing but chared memories.

Eugene and Lois Folden are in their 80's and last night their daughter Melissa said she filled the wood burner in their home at 5580 Foxfire Drive and returned to her home next door. 15 minutes later her mother called to say the house was filled with smoke.

"About 15 minutes later the flames had shot up through the kitchen floor in the chimney wood burner area," explained Melissa...

January 3, 2013 - 1:55pm
2 years 25 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department says a homeless person who lit a fire to stay warm may be the cause of a house fire.  Chief Kevin Thomas says it happened Wednesday night just after 8:30 at 462 Adair Avenue. Chief Thomas says an out of town company owns the home which has been vacant for a few years.  It was bought at a Sheriff’s sale in 2012.  The Chief says the home suffered quite a bit of damage and is in bad shape, but structurally sound.  The case will be turned...

December 24, 2012 - 12:37am
2 years 26 weeks ago

Crews responded to an early evening fire in Roseville.

Assistant Chief Derrick Kaylor of the Roseville Fire Department says the fire started around 9:30 at a home at 11 North Main Street in Roseville. A Roseville police officer called in the fire after seeing smoke coming from the roof of the residence.

Roseville, Crooksville and Newton Township fire departments responded to the blaze. It took crews around 15 minutes to put the fire out.

All the occupants were able to make...

November 16, 2012 - 5:11am
2 years 32 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department says it’s investigating a Thursday evening fire.  It happened just before 8 p.m. at 12-10 Moxahala Avenue.  Deputy Fire Chief Eric Waltemire says it apparently started in the kitchen of the duplex and caused about 40-thousand dollars in damage. The occupant of the rental property is identified as Donnie Keller.  The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is helping him with food, clothing and housing.  Waltemire says no one was home at the...

October 8, 2012 - 5:06pm
2 years 37 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department is releasing more information from a weekend fire that destroyed a home.

Fire fighters were called to 640 Cliffwood Avenue just after 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon.

Assistant Fire Chief Eric Waltermire said when crews arrived, flames were shooting out of the house.

A guest of the homeowner was asleep on the couch when the blaze started. He escaped without injury.

A vehicle parked in the driveway also sustained heavy damage from the fire....

March 13, 2012 - 5:48pm
3 years 15 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department responded to a house fire on Southard Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

Fire Lieutenant Martin Mercer said one occupant was home at the time, and was cooking when she walked away from the stove. The front of the home and part of the second story were fully involved when the crews reached the scene. Lieutenant Mercer said fire fighters were able to control the flames quickly.

"Well we're just going to keep working here and make sure that we have all the...

March 13, 2012 - 5:46pm
3 years 15 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department responded to a house fire off of Wheeling Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

Fire Lieutenant Martin Mercer said one occupant was home at the time, and was cooking when she walked away from the stove. The front of the home and part of the second story were fully involved when the crews reached the scene. Lieutenant Mercer said fire fighters were able to control the flames quickly.

"Well we're just going to keep working here and make sure that we have all...

January 3, 2012 - 12:17pm
3 years 25 weeks ago

A fire rips through a home on Vista View Drive, Tuesday morning.

The fire destroyed the home at 2000 Vista View Drive. Falls Township Fire Chief J.D. Johnson said the fire began in the basement and was reported shortly before 9am.

"The fire went undetected for some time," said Chief Johnson. "I don't know if there was smoke detectors in the house or if they were working or not."

There were people home at the time of the fire. One escaped through a window...

December 10, 2011 - 7:20pm
3 years 28 weeks ago

The Falls Township Volunteer Fire Department is investigating the cause of a house fire.

Fire Chief JD Johnson said the call came in around 4:40 PM at 510 Military Road.

"We found fire in the basement of the structure, which extended into the first floor bedroom," said Johnson.  "We don't have a cause right now.  We're still getting the smoke out of the building and looking for some hot spots, other than that, the situation is contained here."

...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: