Stories tagged with: South Zanesville Fire Department

June 27, 2013 - 5:57pm
1 year 42 weeks ago

The South Zanesville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2058 Chewelah Ave. in the area of Dearborn Street around 2:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon. The two occupants of the house were inside when the fire started.

"I was in the kitchen doing dishes. My husband's in the living room sleeping and I head something 'pop.' I thought something might have fell and broke. And I went around the house to see if I can find what's going on and I couldn't find nothing and all of a sudden...

June 2, 2013 - 12:04am
1 year 45 weeks ago

Fire erupted at the Ming Jiang Grill Buffet at 2710 Maysville Pike Saturday evening, destroying the Chinese restaurant.

According to South Zanesville firefighter, Andy James, his department was alerted to the blaze around 5:30 pm. Once they arrived to the scene there were flames and heavy smoke showing from the roof and rear of the fully evolved structure. Everyone inside was able to escape uninjured.

"There were workers, some families eating dinner at about 5:30 pm we...

May 30, 2013 - 4:47pm
1 year 46 weeks ago

The South Zanesville Fire Department is hoping to have a big crowd on Sunday because they need to raise about $20,000 by next January for a new high-band system that is required by the county.

"This will be our 52nd year of having our Annual Chicken Barbecue. Our barbecue actually starts at 11:00 a.m. until we run out of chickens," said Russell Taylor, a firefighter for the South Zanesville Fire Department.

Seven dollars will get you half of a chicken, homemade...

May 4, 2013 - 10:01am
1 year 49 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department responded to call about a house fire at 1:14 a.m. this morning at 1205 Greenwood Ave.

According to the Zanesville Fire Department,  the fire started after an occupant in the house was fueling a generator inside his home. There were two occupants in the house at the time of the fire. One person was MedFlighted to a hospital in Columbus to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation. No names are being released at this time...

April 26, 2013 - 6:31pm
1 year 50 weeks ago

Friday was the ceremony dedicating part of the highway to U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Lester "Buddy" Kinney II, who was killed in 2004 during Operation Iraqi Freedom. The dedication ceremony was held in the fire hall at the South Zanesville Fire Department where Buddy's family, friends and local officials spoke on his behalf.

"It's just an honor that I had an opportunity to be a part of this naming in honor of Buddy because Buddy is a real hero; him and his family. That's...

April 3, 2013 - 6:39pm
2 years 2 weeks ago

Fire erupted at 3720 Coopermill Road around 4 p.m. this afternoon destroying a local family's home

Four fire departments from South Zanesville, Newton Township, Falls Township And National Trails are still working on putting out hot spots at the residence between Old Coopermill And Pinkerton Lane.

Newton Fire Department Chief Allen Deaver said, "At about 4:08 this evening the Sheriffs Department received a call from a neighbor saying they were seeing fire through the roof of...

July 17, 2012 - 9:32pm
2 years 39 weeks ago

A trailer fire Tuesday evening in Newton Township brought out crews from multiple fire departments.

It happened at the Colonial Place Trailer Park at 2870 Maysville Pike just after 8 p.m.

Neighbors watched on as fire crews from Newton Township, Roseville and South Zanesville extinguished the blaze.

Newton Township Battalion Chief Craig Knox said when crews arrived on the scene, they found fire and heavy smoke billowing out of the residence.

There was one...

June 26, 2012 - 5:13pm
2 years 42 weeks ago

The drought-like conditions in our area are making plans for a home party that features fireworks a questionable choice. The 4th of July is a little over a week away and there is not much rain in sight so the Zanesville Fire Department says to leave it to the professionals.

Firefighter Kenny Jones wants everyone to know how dangerous fireworks can be and this year there is an even bigger concern due to the dryness.

"Its very dangerous because if you're shooting fireworks off...

June 10, 2012 - 4:57pm
2 years 44 weeks ago

Firefighters are investigating the cause of a trailer fire in Newton Township.

According to Lieutenant Josh Bryan, firefighters from Newton Township, South Zanesville and Roseville were called to Darlington Drive Sunday afternoon.

He said the trailer was fully engulfed, but crews were able to contain the fire. Bryan said the trailer has been unoccupied for about six months.

Bryan said the cause hasn't been determined yet, but the dry weather and carelessness on the part of...

May 25, 2012 - 10:37am
2 years 46 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department wants grillers to be safe this Memorial Day.

Anthony Shriver from the downtown fire station offered tips for a safe and enjoyable grilling weekend.

"Make sure your grill is in a safe location away from your house, any pets, kids, if its a gas grill make sure there aren't any leaks. Test the hoses in soapy water, that seems to work the best.. If it's on an open deck you want to make sure its away from your railing and your house so as not to...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Radio      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92Radio
Share: