A family is left without a home after a fire broke out Thursday morning.
The fire was reported to 911 at 9a.m. Heavy smoke was seen pouring from the structure at 848 Dryden Road. A woman driving by was the first to witness the fire. She said she saw smoke and circled the block to check the home.
"I was looking to see if I saw any flames anything like that shooting out of the house and roof," explained Witness Certa Wade.
Fire erupted Sunday morning at 19 South Sixth Street, destroying a historic Zanesville building.
Zanesville firefighters battled the blaze for several hours, initially from the inside, until they reached the fourth floor when they discovered most of the floor and roof to the were already burned away.
"At that point, since it is condemned, they decided to abandon and go defensive,” explained ZFD Assistant Fire Chief, Dave Huey. “Instead of risking people inside....
This Christmas, an organization called Toys for Tots is collecting new Christmas presents to give to local children. Toys for Tots Coordinator Opal Lambert says she has received requests from area churches, schools and other organizations for over 4,000 presents, which is double the amount needed last year. Lambert is asking the community to help make the toy drive a success and to help every child have a Merry Christmas.
Black billowing smoke could be seen on the north side of town around 5:15 Tuesday evening due to a Zanesville plant catching fire.
According to Zanesville Fire Department Assistant Chief, Bob Long, the spot fire occurred at 1700 State Street, formerly known as Brockway Glass, because of a build up of grease on the ceiling of the plant. Now known as Zanesville OI, the plant produces various glass products.
"It's that grease and it's kind of thick, it's from the...
Zanesville City Council passed two emergency ordinances benefiting the Zanesville Fire Department at Monday's meeting. One was authorizing the issuance of bonds totaling no more than $485,000 to purchase a new truck, and the other, allowing the department to purchase the new Pierce 1500 CPM Triple Combination Pumper Truck. Fire Chief Kevin Thomas says the addition to the fleet is necessary and urgent.
Thomas said, "The current truck, the frame has been repaired twice. We've...
The Zanesville Fire Department is investigating a natural gas leak on the north end of Zanesville.
The call came in just before noon Wednesday that a construction crew working in the area of Northpointe and Colony Hills struck a gas line. Crews were able to find the leak and shut off the gas without incident..
After 26 years as a Zanesville Firefighter one man is ready to close that chapter of his life.
Bill Spragg is ready to go fishing and spend more time with his wife now that he retired. He says that the bonds he built at the station were like a second family. Spragg says he had some of the best and worst memories of his life at the station.
"One of the worst times is when I was one of the first trucks in on the Wilson boys being killed Christmas day so I'll probably take that...