A Zanesville firefighter, along with the owner of the home, were taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at 770 Findley Avenue in Zanesville.
It happened just before 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Zanesville Fire Chief Craig Stemm says it started in the upstairs bedroom. By the time the fire department got there, the flames had a pretty good start. Not only did the firefighters have to battle the blaze, they also had to battle the heat.
A tree that caught fire Thursday could now be a danger to surrounding homes.
It happened at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. When a tree on the property of 50 Green Street went up in flames. Neighbor Lori Carroll was sitting outside her home at the time. She said she saw her neighbor put out his cigarette along the side of the tree and then left.
"He put it out, I didn't see nothing, took my niece laid her down, come back out and the trees on fire," said...
At the corner of Zane Street and Underwood Traffic slowed down - but only for a minute.
Zanesville Fire Fighters waved down passing vehicles asking them to help "Fill the Boot." This is the second time in recent weeks the crew has hit the street to raise money and awareness of the disease through the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Two weeks ago they raised more than $6,900. Today, they hope to beat that amount - raising a total of $15,000.
A home at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Pershing Road in Zanesville was destroyed Thursday night by a fire.
Authorities were called to 838 Woodlawn around 7 p.m. Neighbors say the home was vacant. Zanesville Fire Chief Craig Stemm says they are still investigating and it's too early to tell if it was a vacant home or if this fire could be related to a string of vacant home fires across the city.
"We'll have to wait and see what else happens, but I don't...
A Zanesville business suffers major damage after a fire around 6pm Wednesday.
Authorities are calling the fire at Zane Trace Clean Care Uniforms at 763 Putnam Avenue suspicious. According to Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief David Huey the owner's alarm system indicated a break-in that was shortly followed by the fire alarm.
"It's just suspicious given the circumstances," said Huey. "The place was closed and secured and they did have an alarm activation. That's...
A new flag was raised as part of an old Flag Day tradition.
The Zane Trace Apartments planted a new American Flag, Tuesday afternoon, in recognition of the Zanesville Fire department. Property Manager, Linda Sowers, said, the tradition began years ago when the National Church Residence wanted to thank their community fire department for their continued support.
"And we dedicated the flag to them on Flag Day," said Sowers. "Because...
The city of Zanesville officially has a new fire chief..
Craig Stemm was sworn in Friday afternoon in council chambers by Public Safety Director Bob Brandford. He says he's looking forward to serving the city, but also continuing to save the city money, including overtime for the department.
"Well right now we're under budget, and we hope to stay that way. We have some people that plan on retiring at the end of the month, so that may change things a little bit," said...
An evening fire in Zanesville is being labeled suspicious.
Firefighters were called to a vacant home at 1324 Jewett Drive around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
"When we got here there was smoke showing through all the eaves of the roof and everything, and on the back side of the house away from us there was flames coming through the wall," says Assistant Zanesville Fire Chief Dave Huey.
Huey says the home has no electrical or gas services connected to it.